Intellectual Property, Trademark Registration & Copyright Law | Health Law
Attorney David Moore practices in the areas of biotechnology patents
, General Civil Litigation
, Health Law
and Intellectual Property Law
, including patent law
, copyright law
and trademark registration
. For an intellectual property attorney or inventor services in Denton, Lewisville, Wichita Falls, Amarillo, Lubbock, TX & surrounding areas call David G. Moore, Attorney at Law.
Prior to becoming a lawyer he was an Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. His duties included teaching medical students, residents, and fellows in clinical microbiology and immunology. He also became Director of the Clinical Microbiology laboratory at Hermann Hospital, the teaching hospital for the medical school.
David Moore attended law school at night while working at UT and following graduation, joined Strasburger & Price, LLP where he practiced in the Health Law Division of the firm for nearly twenty years. In addition to copyright law and intellectual property law, he has handled a broad spectrum of lawsuits and other matters relating to hospital litigation, medical product and device litigation and general health law matters. In 2002 he became a registered patent attorney authorized to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in matters involving inventor services
, trademark registration
, copyright law
, Biotechnology patents
and general patent law near Amarillo, Lubbock and Wichita Falls, TX. Since that time he helps inventors and others file their patent, trademark and copyright applications and commercially exploit their genious with an intellectual property attorney by their side.
As part of his general civil litigation practice, he advises business clients in commercial and business disputes, such as copyright law, health care providers in investigations by state licensing boards, and counsels health care providers and businesses during outbreaks of infectious disease.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Dr. Moore's articles have appeared in numerous scientific publications which address diagnostic and clinical microbiology, histopathology of infectious diseases, and pathophysiology of infectious diseases.
- Preparation of Witnesses for Depositions and Trial, HCA – The Healthcare Company National Risk Manager's Conference (August 2000).
- Defense of Hepatitis C Cases, Tenet National Defense Counsel Meeting (November 1999).
- Bioterrorism: What Every Hospital and Their Lawyers Need to Know, Tenet National Defense Counsel Meeting (March 2002).
- Update on Medical Malpractice and Tort Reform (August 2002).
- West Nile Virus: Ready, Set, Invent (October 2002).
- Legal Aspects of Medical Recordkeeping (August 2003).
- Total Recall, Strasburger & Price, LLP Corporate Counsel Series (September 2004).
- Enforcing Intellectual Property Rights in the United States and Abroad: Around the Hemisphere in 90 Minutes, International Technology Conference (March 2005).
- Patent Infringement and the Practice of Medicine: Health Industry Online (December 2006)
- Protecting Your Invention Part I - Documenting The Invention, Strasburger & Price Business & Law Newsletter (March 29, 2007)
- Protecting Your Invention Part II - Preserving Confidentiality, Strasburger & Price Business & Law Newsletter (April 30, 2007)
- Protecting Your Invention Part III – The Provisional Application, Strasburger & Price Business & Law Newsletter (May 30, 2007)
- Protecting Your Invention Part IV – The Patent, Strasburger & Price Business & Law Newsletter (July 31, 2007)
- Protecting Your Invention Part V – Protecting The Patent Portfolio, Strasburger & Price Business & Law Newsletter (October 01, 2007)
- Protecting Your Invention Part VI – Infringement, Strasburger & Price Business & Law Newsletter (February 19, 2008)
- Admitted, Texas, Oklahoma; Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas.
- Registered Patent Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Society for Law, Medicine, and Ethics
- American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Texas Inventors Association
South Texas College of Law, J.D. (with honors) 1988
University of Texas, Ph.D. 1980, B.A. (with high honors) 1975
Postdoctoral Fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine
Diplomat – American Board of Medical Microbiology (Inactive)